Tuesday, December 29, 2009

massive movie reviews

For half of December I've been having a movie mania since i was able to get free movies from Blockbuster for a whole month!! YAY.. So far here are some of the movies I've seen and my small review of them
- Fighting BORING... I'm sad about this one.. I expected a really good movie, but at least I got Channing Tatum shirtless! Cant go wrong with that. It reminded me of Fight Club- but i never saw Fight Club soooo i cant fully say how similar it is...But it almost seemed like lots of info was cut out of the movie... i finished watching and had way too many questions unanswered.. simple basic questions.. but still questions to connect to movie 2.5 out of 5 stars
- Taking of Phlem 123 - really good action movie! Denzel Washington and John Travolta both play characters that aren't common to most of the previous characters they have portrayed. Even though its a remake of a movie with the same name, this one was really good... never saw the original though; it was before my time. It kinda worried me about the possibility of this happening in real life... I'm sure it has, somewhere in the world... but I loved how Denzel's character was so calm during the whole ordeal, did the best he could to fix the situation and was still able to take the milk home to his wife [<-- that part was cute.. hope I didn't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it] 5 out of 5 stars
- Terminator Salvation -- didn't watch it so I can review it, but my mom loved it.
- The Ugly Truth - really cute movie... I now adore Gerad Butler! Damn that man's accent it OMG! Katherine Hiegel is a good actress. Both had good chemistry in this movie, it made me laugh. 5 out of 5 stars.
- The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past - this movie was cute. Matthew McConaughey has done a few Romantic Comedies in the past and they were also cute movies. The story line for this movie was kinda diff from others I've seen, especially with the ghosts... The concept was cute... Matthew's character had to learn/ remember the hard way that the woman he was meant to be with was the woman he met as a child.. but he damn near F'd up his brother's wedding in the process. 3.5 out of 5 stars
- Orphan - that little girl was one crazy bitch! haha i love [most] scary movies... although this was more of a 'thriller' it was still good. The story line seemed different, which is always good. the 'real' daughter of the family was too adorable. i love how she stuck up to the 'adopted sister' but it was kinda sad... for me at least.. cause the daughter was deaf... not sure if the little girl is deaf in real life, but now i want to learn sign language... 5 out of 5 stars- i couldn't predict the ending!!
- Fast and Furious - i was glad this addition to the F&F franchise included the original cast! F&F2 was good and F&F3 was a waste of damn time and money! But back to part 4.. loved it!! It picked up where Part 1 left off and answered any questions we may have asked. I thought it was F'd up what happened to Letty.... BUT that kinda built the rest of the movie. Vin Diesel and Paul Walker both looked real good.. Paul Walker looks damn good in a suit... it must be the eyes... but yea.. i give it 4 out of 5 stars [it shouldn't have taken this long to bring back the original cast!!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment