Monday, December 28, 2009

A compulsive shopaholic's resolution

A few months ago I saw the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic and i decided I didn't want to become that girl... the girl with the enormous amount of debt and bill collectors stalking me on national TV.. now although that last part may never happen, I still don't want to take any chances. I recently got a seasonal job at Macys and believe it or not, the 'season' is over! yep.. It was about 1 whole month i was there. I'm kinda shocked, not so much by the short frame of time I was there but more so at the fact that during the time of employment I didn't buy anything!!! Seriously! I was beyond tempted to buy every cute thing i saw, but didn't. I know it sounds silly, but I'm being honest. it could have partially been due to the fact that this recession is kicking my butt and I'm B-R-O-K-E or that I'm finally getting better at restraining my compulsive shopping-ness =) [although i think it has more to do with the first]. I'm hoping for 2010 I can make much smarter choices and not just buy stuff because I 'think' I need it or because I'm bored. My plan:
(1) stay out of the mall as much as possible!!
(2) hide destroy credit cards! i already leave them at home no need to over spend what i don't even have.
(3) have more self control... go back to the old me who didn't give a damn about labels or brands... not saying that i wont still look cute but unless its an extremely special occasion and I cant find what i need in my closet- that's the only reason I need to be shopping!

1 comment: