Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Best of 2009: 7-13

more of the Best of 09 Challenge. check out how this works [here]

December 7 Blog find of the year. That gem of a blog you can't believe you didn't know about until this year.
--> www.collegefashion.net I don't remember how I stumbled across this site/blog but when I did, I loved it.. and it introduced me to various other blogs and site.. and now here I am with a blog of my own =)

December 8 Moment of peace. An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?
I can't think of a single moment were i was able to stop and reflect on life... but usually during extended breaks from school [holidays] or various train rides home, I put on my iPod and think about whatever is going on at that time.

December 9 Challenge. Something that really made you grow this year. That made you go to your edge and then some. What made it the best challenge of the year for you?
the 101 list I made really made me think about the things i want to do in life. I'm constantly thinking about what I need to do to graduate or to get the dream job I want and Ive but ME and my random simple ambitions on the back-burner. This list helped me to reflect on the inner me [if that makes sense] and find the other side to me that's never shown.

On a more serious note: the death of my uncle was a huge challenge. I learned that weekend how important family is to me. Even though I don't see my dad's side of the family much since their in the south [TX, Louisiana, etc] I realized how much family means to me. It had been a 7 year gap from the last time I saw my dad til when I saw him at my uncle's funeral... it was a crazy weekend... definitely don't want to take any more moments for granted.

December 10 Album of the year. What's rocking your world?
hmmmmm idk there's been soo many... gotta scroll through my iTunes first... ok, checked and I still don't know. Its hard for me to narrow this down because i listen to all kinds of music.. so here's a list of the Albums [full albums] I got this year.
[in random order]
1.Trey Songz -- Ready
2. Lady GaGa --
The Fame
3. Day 26 -- Forever in a Day
4. Taylor Swift -- Fearless
5. Keri Hilson - In A Perfect World
6. Jazmine Sullivan - Fearless
7. Jordin Sparks - Battlefield
8. Mariah Carey - Memoirs of an Imperfect Fallen Angel
9. Backstreet Boys - This is Us
10. Twilight-- Soundtrack- technically I borrowed this from my bestie.. but it was still new music to me
And a few albums I'm hoping to buy before 2009 ends.
Chris Brown
Jay Sean
Kings of Leon
Timbaland
Black Eyed Peas
Rihanna
Leona Lewis [both albums =/]
etc... there some more i can't think of that need to be added to the "buy me" list

December 11 The best place. A coffee shop? A pub? A retreat center? A cubicle? A nook?
any place where I'm not completely stressed out is a good place to be =)

December 12 New food. You're now in love with Lebanese food and you didn't even know what it was in January of this year.
Can't think of any new foods I've tried this year. I'm such a creature of habit. I tend to stick with what I know

December 13 What's the best change you made to the place you live?
this is easy- i changed the place i lived =) my mom and I recently moved to a smaller, nice place and i love it!!! the neighborhood is nicer, quieter. This move allowed me to clear sooo much clutter out of my life its not even funnie.. sad to say, I'm a pack rat... it's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment