Thursday, January 10, 2013

2 Years Gone- NEVER Forgotten


Tuesday was very bittersweet. It marked 2 years ago to the  day, the most important person in my entire world was called home. God had a much better place for her to spend her days. It was beyond hard to grasp the fact that I would never see her face again (in person that is); never hear her blasting Whitney Houston [RIP!!] or gospel music at the crack of dawn; wouldn't have her next to me week after week as we stayed up to watch Criminal Minds or CSI: NY. She's no longer here to laugh with or to fight over the phone when we both wanted to talk to my brother's daughter. Never again would I get to hear the words "I love you Nicole".

I will admit that I'm in much more of a positive place than I was last year and the year before. I'm gotten closer to God and I know that He does everything with a purpose. He has already mapped out the plan for my life. Although I've had a great amount of anxiety the last few days I think as the days pass I'll be better. The road of grieving and learning to live without my mother will indeed be a long one, but with God I know I will be able to handle it.

PSALM 30:5 -
"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime, weaping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."


No comments:

Post a Comment