Thursday, August 25, 2011

Healthy Eating.... Healthy Living

since moving to Texas in February I completely changed my eating habits... did a full 180!!! I cut out fast food, started cutting back on fried food and would bake my fish and chicken, cut back on red meats too!!! and on July 17 I made an attempt to go one week without eating any meat!! That one week has turned into close to 6wks!!!!! NEVER would I have thought I'd be able to do that! Sound crazy I'm sure, but meat [beef, pork, chicken] was always the staple of every meal. At 25 I want to live a healthier life!! Too many diseases run on both sides of my family and I DO NOT want to die in my 50s or 60s from something that can be prevented! So far I'm enjoying my vegetarian diet... learning to eat more fruits and salads to compensate for the meat i would usually eat.

in January I was 180 lbs.... in May I was between 155 and 160. Since I stopped eating meat I've gotten down to 148/150!!! 150lbs was always my target weight so I'm excited I was able to reach it!! When I started going to the gym, I met with a personal trainer and she swore I could get down to 140lbs.... I thought she was coo-coo ... but now i can totally do it! I just need to start working out again and I'll get there!! The more healthy meals I start making, I'll try to remember to take pictures and post them on the blog. Hope you all have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment